Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Pohutukawa Tree

Crystal and Keshika read an article in a Junior Journal about the Pohutukawa tree. They then decided to find out more information after spotting what looked like a Pohutukawa tree opposite the school library. But from the information they had they knew it was flowering at the wrong time of the year. They tried to discover the answer to this problem. During their research they used books, the computer and experts Mrs Traill and Ms Mulrennan. 

They then decided to present their work by putting together a movie using Windows Live Movie Maker. They planned the steps they needed to take and here is their end result. 

           
                               Pohutukawa from cee one on Vimeo.

10 comments:

  1. Great video Crystal and Keshika. I love seeing Pohutukawa trees in summer. I didn't know that there was a Tahitian relative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is fun and you did a good gob.

    ReplyDelete
  3. keshika and crystal you did a wunderfel gob.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked your show crystal and keshika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crystal and Keshika i like the photos and the song . And it looked amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. by nicole and vicky A3September 14, 2012 at 10:12 AM

    We did a poem about pohukawa tree.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the pohutukawa tree. And I like the colour of the pohutukawa.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked the pohukawa tree!because It's a very nice and tidy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Crystal and Keshika and Mrs lamb that was really cool. I like how you took the photos of the pohukawa tree. Ireally like your song too. And I like red very much. You are very good. You rock.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an interesting video! I liked the transitions you used between each slide. I did not know that the Maori used pohutakawa to stop bleeding.

    Miss Lepou

    ReplyDelete